Thursday, July 3, 2014

Mommy Diary


When you have a baby, does the hospital/birth center send a mass message to all baby-related companies saying: "THIS WOMAN JUST HAD A BABY!!!" "ADVERTISE TO HER!! SHE'S YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE NOW AND NEEDS ALL THE COUPONS SHE CAN GET!!" When you have a baby, are you automatically signed up to receive emails from DFWChild.com? Because only days after having Reaghan my first email showed up in my inbox. Does anyone know how this happens? When I was pregnant it was formula. I got so much formula. Why? How did the formula companies get my name? It's one of life's biggest mysteries.  


Anyway, a few weeks after Reaghan was born I received an email looking for submissions to DFW Child Magazine's Mommy Diary. I emailed back and forth with the woman in charge but I never submitted a diary because at that time my "day in the life of a new mom" would have looked a lot like this: 

Nurse, take a nap, nurse, do some laundry, nurse, watch Call the Midwife for the 18th time today, nurse.......you get the picture. 

Didn't seem interesting enough to send to a magazine, so I held off. But maybe I'll submit one now? 

Since my blog is new, I thought it would be fun to share my "sidebar questions" here so you can get to know me a little bit! Enjoy!

What she's reading:

"Glimpses of Grace" by Gloria Furman. Such good truths for any mama.

Favorite Indulgence:

Dark chocolate with hazelnuts…it’s like a vacation in your mouth.

Yearly Destination:

We usually make a trip to Georgetown to visit my husbands grandparents at least once a year. I love our road trips with the siblings-in-law and their huge fun family!

Nicknames for her kids:
 
Nana, nana-boo, nana-bear, Rae Rae, boo boo bear....

What's on her DVR: 
"Downton Abbey" or "Call The Midwife"

Store we might catch you browsing in:
 
Shop the Barn, my favorite local antique and restored furniture dealer.

Signature Meal: 
Chicken Marinara Risotto (coming to the blog soon!) with a fresh salad and homemade dressing.

Favorite Movie: 
Serendipity

Favorite date night spot: 
Eatzi’s

Coffee or Tea:

English Breakfast tea with foamed milk and a dash of honey, please.

Her Hidden Talent:

My voice

Prized Possession:

My wedding ring

Your Biggest Challenge:

Letting go of control and taking the pressure off myself.

Inspirational Words to Live by:
"I will hold myself to a standard of grace not perfection”

What's on her iPod:

My church’s latest worship album.

Favorite Family Board Game:
 
Scattegories

Beauty Product she can't live without:

Burt's Bees lip balm

Workout she manages to squeeze in:

A walk around the neighborhood! Ha!

Her go-to Uniform:

Skinny jeans, v-neck, loose cardigan and dangle earrings.

My Last Big Purchase:

My Simplified Planner -- definitely the most I’ve ever spent on a planner but money well invested to keep my life and family organized.

By her Bed:
 
My water bottle, baby monitor, the latest book I’m reading, my phone, and usually an essential oil of two. 


“Mommy Diary
 is part of a blog relaunch series entitled 
"31 Days of Responding to Him" 
Follow along here

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this and getting to know you better Natasha! I also love the game of Scattergories, the move Serendipity, and my wedding ring. I often find a walk around the neighborhood helps me get fresh air and feel like I did something active for the day. I have basically all the same things by my bed, minus the baby monitor! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tiffany! It sounds like we have a lot in common :)

      Delete