Friday, November 13, 2009

Reasons for insanity...


So I have to start this off with.... I'm pretty against blogs. I mean, I don't like them very much. Okay, rephrase: I don't like writing my thoughts online where they can easily be lost and/or distributed to mass amounts of people whom I don't know. But then I got to thinking a couple weeks ago.... what if I had a blog? What if I could use "the blogging world" to reach college students with the Gospel? God has given us unlimited access to this bizarre thing called the Internet, why not use it for His glory? So... I don't know how successful this will be, but I want it to be really organic, and I want it to provoke questions in your mind about spiritual things. That's about as far as I have come in the planning of this thing. I can't believe I'm doing this, but, it's not about me -- so if it ever gets to be about me, I'll delete it all. I've been on an incredible journey for the past 4 months. I am currently traveling the country as a Leadership Development Consultant for my international Fraternity. Don't worry, I'll probably sprinkle in some random rants about Fraternity values and ritual somewhere in between all of my thoughts. It's been a challenge and a struggle in my faith throughout the journey so far. I've toured 17 college campuses and visited 15 states in 4 months...and the numbers will only grow by the start of the new year. I've met countless individuals, both collegians and alumnae, and have worked more hours in a week than most 40 year old business men. God has blessed me with an incredible opportunity, and I am confident He has graciously given it to me for the benefit of His Kingdom. So how am I going to help to grow the Kingdom of God when my schedule is never stable and I am in a new city every week? Find out with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment