Friday, January 30, 2015

Reaghan's First Birthday!

Well, our sweet Reaghan turned one in November, and I'm just now getting around to blogging about her birthday! It was a sweet day filled with friends and family who love our girl and made us feel so special with their presence. 


I wanted the details to be feminine and sweet, like our little girl! I incorporated two of my favorite colors.....surprise surprise...gold and peach :)















People joined us in reading a dedication of Reaghan to the Lord. Our church is so large that they don't do individual baby dedications, but encourage home groups and communities to participate on their own. We took some scripture we liked from a resource from our church and had everyone read along with us. It was a sweet time. 




There was even a photo booth! One of my favorite parts :) Here's the backdrop I created from a stick I found outside and some yarn. I cut the yarn double long, folded it in half and then looped it around the stick. It was super long for the party to cover an armoire we have for pictures. After the party I cut the yarn much shorter and hung it above her crib.  






Reaghan was much more interested in the markers for the photo booth frames than her toys! Of toddlers... 




We served a few snacks to guests and gave everyone a baggie full of homemade kettle corn as a thank you! I could have eaten that entire basket of kettle corn...mmm...





Photography by the amazing Casandra Hawkins...except for that last one, totally iPhone quality ;)


Did you throw your little one a first birthday? What are your favorite themes? I can't wait for some fun ones in the future: ice cream party, little chefs, tea party, oh my! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Natasha! I am in LOVE with this! The theme, the decorations, Reaghan's sweet faces. Everything! Your family just glows with Christ's love! <3

    ReplyDelete