Friday, October 10, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal


Oh gosh....what more can be said for a warm bowl of pumpkin spice oatmeal. My house is frigid in the mornings, just the way I like it. It makes curling up on the couch with my journal, Bible, coffee and oatmeal (or other warm breakfast variety) that much better. Here's a simple recipe for your Friday morning -- enjoy :) 

Serves: 2

Ingredients: 
1 cup old fashioned oats*
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup pumpkin purée
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
A splash of almond milk (or any kind of milk)
1 heaping tablespoon brown sugar (light or dark, either work perfectly)


*note: the oatmeal I buy calls for 1 cup of oats to make two servings of oatmeal. Check the back of your oatmeal container for proper measurements of water to oats. Cook enough for two servings. 

Cook oats in water as directed on it's packaging. I always salt the water first with a bit of salt. 

Whisk together remaining ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Once oatmeal is cooked, stir in the pumpkin mixture and combine well. 

Finish off with any toppings you like! I love shredded coconut and sliced banana, and I always end up splashing in some almond milk as well for extra creaminess. 



1 comment:

  1. This looks incredible!! I've never had pumpkin oatmeal but I think that needs to change!

    ReplyDelete