Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Homemade Chocolate Banana Fudgsicles


When I was a kid it was a summer time tradition to run down the hill to the neighborhood ice cream truck and grab any one of the assortment of cartoon themed popsicles or ice cream cones. I was never a huge fan of "fruity" sweets, but have always loved chocolate, so of course I begged my mom for some change to buy a fudgsicle. Mmmm.....icey, creamy, chocolatey childhood goodness. 

I'm sure those fudgsicles were not the healthiest choice. With summer in full swing  I've been craving one of these lately and decided to recreate my own healthier version.


This recipe is naturally sweetened with raw honey. Avocado and coconut milk add a decadent creaminess, and it's dairy and refined sugar free! A touch of coconut oil boosts your healthy fats for the day. Who knew you could feel so good about eating something so delicious!? I love finding new and healthier versions of treats we all know and love. 


Ingredients:
1 avocado 
3 heaping tablespoons of cacao or cocoa powder
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla 
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 cup coconut milk
A dash of salt 
A dash of cinnamon
1/2 banana, sliced very thin




Combine all ingredients except the banana in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Use a spoontula to push down what might get stuck to the sides. 

Fill the popsicle molds about 3/4 of the way full. Add three slices of banana to each mold, and top off with more fudgsicle mixture if needed. Place your sticks in, and pop them in the freezer for 2 hours to set. 



Makes 6 popsicles 


Linking up with A Harvest of Blessing


Homemade Chocolate Banana Fudgsicles is part of a blog relaunch series entitled 
"31 Days of Responding to Him" 
Follow along here

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I found you on the Jack of All Trades link-up, and boy, I'm glad I did! These look *exactly* like the treats my first grade teacher used to make for us back in the day, as a reward for volunteering to clean up the classroom. Seriously, I dream about these sometimes.

    Also, your blog is adorable! Ministry & food - funnily enough the two seem to go hand in hand a lot of the time! I'm part of an open forum community life church, and our favorite part of the week is providing dinners that are open to anyone in the community. We're always on the lookout for new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well I hope you can try them out and see if they bring you back to 1st grade ;) Thanks for the sweet comment, would love for you to use one of my recipes to bless your church and your city.

      Delete